Chicken and Bacon Kebabs
August 10, 2015
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 green onions, minced
- 10 large mushrooms, cut in half
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into chunks
- ½ pound bacon, cut in half
- 1 small can pineapple chunks, drained
- skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 1 hour)
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Add mushrooms and chicken and stir to coat.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat or heat grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Wrap chicken chunks with bacon and thread onto skewers alternating with pineapple chunks and mushroom halves. You can either cut the bacon into smaller pieces and wrap each piece of chicken individually or leave the bacon whole and snake it back and forth so that it forms an “S” shape. For example, it would go on the left side of a piece of chicken and then on the right side of the next piece and repeat this pattern.
- Arrange skewers on grill and cook about 15 minutes, brushing occasionally with marinade and turning to brown all sides.