For the chicken:
- 4 thin boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried italian herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
For the avocado ranch spread:
- 1 cup sour cream (light is fine)
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and flesh removed and roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh dill (can substitute 1 teaspoon dried dill)
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon of sliced green onions
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 sandwich rolls
- 8 slices of cooked bacon
- 3-4 heirloom tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup microgreens OR 4 leaves of romaine or butter lettuce
- For the chicken:
- Mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, sugar, garlic, italian herb seasoning, salt and pepper in a large resealable bag. Add the chicken and marinate for at least 1 hour, up to 8 hours.
- Heat a grill to medium-high. Grill the chicken for 6-8 minutes per side until done. Slice into thin strips. Alternatively you can cook the chicken inside on a grill pan.
- For the avocado ranch spread:
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor; process until completely smooth.
- To assemble:
- Slice your rolls in half. Toast the rolls if desired. Spread 2 tablespoons of the avocado ranch sauce on the bottom piece of bread. Add 2 slices of bacon and sliced chicken. Top with sliced tomatoes and greens. Add more ranch spread to the top of the roll if desired.