Bacon and Avocado Grilled Cheese
September 29, 2015
- 4 slices hearty artisan bread
- 4-6 slices bacon, cooked
- 4 sliced mozzarella (about 4-6 ounces)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 ripe tomato, sliced
- basil leaves
- 1-2 tablespoons of butter
- Butter one side of each of the slices of bread.
- Pace 2 sliced of bread, butter side down in skillet or griddle. Layer with mozzarella, bacon, avocado, tomato and basil. Top with remaining slices of buttered bread (butter side up).
- Heat over medium high heat and top sandwiches with the remaining slices of bread, butter-side-up and cook until golden and cheese begins to melt – about 4 minutes (you can cover with a lid to speed up the melting process.)
- Carefully flip sandwich, reduce heat to medium and cook a few more minutes until cheese has melted and bread is golden brown.
- Slice in halve and serve.