Grilled Bruschetta Chicken Sandwiches
September 30, 2015
- 3 large slices sourdough bread (or bread of your choice)
- 2 large thin slices of Foster Farms chicken breast (slice each breast lengthwise and you get about 3 slices per breast)
- 4 slices smoked Gouda cheese
- 4 tablespoons diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons diced red onions
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- A sprinkle of shallot salt (can substitute for regular salt)
- Fresh basil leaves
Cook your chicken:
- Add chicken breasts to a large pot (I like to cook more chicken than I need and use some the next day) and cover over a medium heat. Cook covered for about 20 minutes, flipping half way.
- While the chicken cooks dice your tomatoes and red onions. Place in a small bowl and add in balsamic vinegar, black pepper and shallot salt. Set aside.
Prepare the sandwiches:
- Once the chicken is cooked, allow it to cool before thinly slicing.
- Butter one side of each piece of bread and place the butter side down in a skillet over a low heat. After 5 minutes the bread should start to brown. Flip, butter the opposite sides and place them down on the skillet, divide the cheese up and place it on the bread. Cover the skillet and leave the lid on until the cheese begins to melt. Remove from the heat and assemble your sandwich.
- Top first piece of bread (cheese side up) with sliced chicken a couple spoonfuls of the balsamic blend and a few fresh basil leaves. Add another piece of bread and repeat the layer. Top with a final piece of bread. Cut in half and share or enjoy the whole sandwich.