Tilapia with Roasted Asparagus
October 22, 2015
- 2 lb tilapia
- 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- Olive oil
- 1 (8 oz) box pearl couscous
- 2 cups chicken stock (approximate, for cooking couscous)
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 8 oz mushrooms, quartered
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Use two large freezer bags to marinade tilapia. Mix juice of one lemon, 3 tbsp olive oil, and 1 tbsp minced garlic in each freezer bag. Lay 1 lb of tilapia flat in each bag and place it in the refrigerator. Do not marinade over 30 minutes.
- Make couscous according to box directions, but use chicken stock instead of water.
- Trim the ends of asparagus spears. Place asparagus and mushrooms in a 9″ x 13″ baking pan. Toss vegetables with olive oil, sprinkled with salt and pepper. Place in oven for 10 minutes.
- On a grill medium high heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil, then add marinaded tilapia in batches. Cook each side for 1 to 2 minutes, until golden brown.
- Assemble lunch boxes with couscous, roasted vegetables, and tilapia fillets.