- 2 – 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano or 1/4 tsp. dried
- 2 Tbsp. chopped flat leaf parsley
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- cleaned calamari bodies about 3 – 4 inches long (2 to 3 per person)
- peeled and deveined shrimp, (2 to 3 per person), depending on size
- 7 – 8 oz. arugula or greens of your choice
- a light dressing of 3 Tbsp. of olive, 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- lemon wedges
- Combine the calamari, shrimp, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, herbs and seasonings in a bowl. Cover and let marinate for 15 to 30 minutes. Remove the seafood from the marinade and drain off excess.
- Heat the grill, ridged stove top grill pan or broiler until very hot. Grill the shrimp for about a minute on each side until they turn pink. Remove and place in a bowl. Grill the calamari for a minute or two on each side until they get grill marks (be careful not to overcook or they will be rubbery). Remove to a cutting board and slice into small rings and place in the bowl with the shrimp. Drizzle with a little of the dressing and toss. Add the arugula to a bowl and drizzle with the rest of the dressing. Divide the salad between two plates and spoon the seafood on top. Garnish with some chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges.