Char-Grilled Lime and Sriracha Chicken Skewers
October 24, 2015
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime rind
- ¼ cup (60ml) lime juice
- ¼ cup (60ml) sriracha hot chilli sauce+, plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to brush
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 8 x 100g skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- ½ cup (150g) whole egg mayonnaise
- coriander leaves and lime wedges, to serve
- Place the lime rind and juice, sriracha, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine. Reserve 1¼ tablespoons of the marinade and set aside.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes to marinate. Preheat a char-grill pan over medium heat. Thread the chicken onto 8 metal skewers, brush the chicken with the extra oil and cook, in batches, for 4–5 minutes each side or until charred and cooked through.
- Put the reserved marinade and mayonnaise in a small bowl and stir to combine. Serve the skewers with the sriracha mayonnaise, coriander leaves, lime wedges and extra sriracha. Serves 4.