Grilled Lamb Salad Bowls Recipe
January 6, 2016
- 3-4 lbs leg of lamb, de-boned and butterflied
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons),
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (about 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Serve with
- Tzatziki Sauce (homemade recipe follows)
- 1 4 oz. mixed greens bag
- 1 cup tortilla chip strips
- 3-4 roma tomatoes, sliced
- To grill the meat:.In a large bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients. Place it in plastic bag with the meat and set it aside in the refrigerator for at least three hours or overnight.
- Remove it from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to grilling to bring it to room temperature. Bring grill to medium heat. Place lamb on grill and cook until meat is at 130 degrees F, making sure to turn frequently. Remove meat from grill and set aside to rest before slicing. Once the meat has rested for about 10 minutes, slice to preferred thinness.
- To serve: Toss mixed greens with tortilla chip strips and tomatoes. Divide salad mixture among 4 bowls and layer with sliced lamb, Tzatziki sauce. Optional: Serve with Feta cheese and pita wedges.
- HomemadeTzatziki Sauce – Ingredients: 8 oz container of plain Greek yogurt; 2 teaspoons lemon juice; 2 teaspoons fresh dill; 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste. Instructions:: Chop cucumber and toss in kosher salt. Place in a colander and set aside for 30-60 minutes to draw out excess moisture (this will prevent the sauce from being too thin). Place remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until liquefied.