Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Cilantro Vinaigrette Recipe
March 1, 2016
- 2 medium, unpeeled sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp minced cilantro
- 1 ½ tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp agave nectar
- ¼ tsp salt
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large pot of water. Boil the potatoes until they are just cooked through, about 20 minutes. Transfer the potatoes to a cutting board and let rest until they are cool enough to handle.
- Preheat the grill to HIGH heat. Lightly grease the grill.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice them into ¼-inch rounds. Brush the round with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the sweet potatoes on the grill and cook about 2 ½ minutes per side, until they have browned grill marks.
- Transfer the grilled potatoes to a serving platter and drizzle with the dressing. Serve.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, cilantro, olive oil, garlic, agave nectar and salt.