Grilled Lamb Tacos with Cucumber Salsa and Yogurt Recipe
March 20, 2016
- 2 Tablespoons Moroccan seasoning (ras al hanout)
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 small boneless leg of lamb (about 3 pounds), trimmed
- 12 ounces kolsch or lager beer
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Plain Greek yogurt, sliced radishes, and lime wedges, for serving
- In a small bowl, mix the Moroccan seasoning, salt, sugar, and oregano. Rub onto the lamb, coating it evenly. Place the lamb in a deep bowl; pour in the beer. Let marinate at least 20 minutes.
- Heat your grill to medium and prepare it for indirect grilling. Grill the lamb over indirect heat, turning it occasionally, until it’s cooked to your liking (20-30 minutes for medium rare). Heat the tortillas on the top rack for a few seconds, or until they’re slightly toasted but still pliable.
- Transfer the lamb to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the cucumber salsa by mixing the onion, cucumber, cilantro, lime juice, and a pinch of salt.
- Slice the lamb thinly across the grain.
- Serve the lamb in the warmed tortillas with Greek yogurt, cucumber salsa, and radishes. Squeeze the lime wedges over the lamb, if desired.