Grilled Avocado Caprese Chicken Sandwich Recipe
March 23, 2016
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- salt & pepper to season
- 4 mini ciabatta rolls, sliced in half
- 1 large tomato, cut into 4 large slices
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 3 oz. fresh mozzarella, cut into 4 slices
- 6 tablespoons basil pesto
- Heat grill to medium high heat.
- Season chicken with salt & pepper on both sides.
- Add chicken to the grill and grill each side for 5-6 minutes, until there is no more pink. For the last minute, add 1 slice of mozzarella to the top of each chicken. Close the grill and let the cheese slightly melt. Remove from grill and let sit.
- Next add ciabatta bread to the grill, place the inside part of the bun on the grill and toast for 1-2 minutes until slightly charred. Remove.
- Assemble the sandwich: spread 1½ tablespoons of pesto on the bottom bun, place the grilled chicken and melted cheese on top of the bottom bun, then a slice of tomato, and a few slices of fresh avocado, add the top bun. Serve!