- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 14 ounces mixed greens, washed
- 1 (3 ounce) bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 small bunch of green onions, thinly sliced (1/4 cup)
- 4 mangos, yielding 1 pound of cut mango cubes
- 1 red chili, seeded and minced
- 1 – 8 ounce cucumber
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½-1 Teaspoon sea salt to taste
- Preheat the grill over high heat. Place the chicken thighs evenly over the grill and immediately lower the heat to medium/high. Grill for 4-8 minutes per side (the timing will depend on the size of meat you’re grilling). You’ll know when they’re ready to flip when they don’t stick to the grill. When the chicken is finished and no longer pink, set it aside to cool while you finish the salad.
- While the chicken is grilling, begin preparing the rest of the salad.
- Peel the mangos with a sharp peeler and cut off 1 side. Stand the mango up on the flat side, and cut off both sides of mango ‘cheek’ from either side of the pit. Trim away any excess mango from the pit being sure to cut away from yourself. Cut the mango into strips, and then cut crosswise into cubes.
- Cut 4-5 strips lengthwise on the cucumber and cut off both ends. Cut it into quarters lengthwise, and then thinly slice crosswise into triangles.
- Add the cucumber to the rest of the salad and toss gently to combine.
- When you’re ready to serve, add the dressing ingredients directly into the serving bowl (no need to combine first). Toss the salad together and serve with the chicken thighs alongside or cubed and tossed into the salad – whichever is your preference.
Recipe Source: GI365