- 4 slices thick, Italian bread
- 4 Tablespoons cinnamon honey butter
- 1 large apple, sliced thin
- 4-6 ounces extra sharp white cheddar
- 4 Tablespoons Hot Pepper Jelly
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- Heat a griddle to 350° or a skillet to medium-high heat.
- Smear the cinnamon honey butter on both sides of all four slices of bread. Place the bread on the heated griddle. Toast until golden brown and crispy, about 3-4 minutes. Careful not to burn it!
- Flip the bread. Reduce the heat slightly to about 250° or medium-low.
On two of the slices, top with the cheddar cheese and apple slices. Drop spoonful’s of the hot jelly across the top. Cover with a large cover, careful not to smush your sandwich, just enough to melt the cheese well, for 3-4 minutes, depending how thick your cheese slices are.
- Top with arugula, it will stick to the jelly, place the other two slices on top, serve, and devour!
Recipe Source: Fabtastic Eats