- 2.5 pound chuck roast
- 1 box Kraft Recipe Makers Hickory BBQ Beef
- 1 recipe macaroni and cheese
- sourdough bread
- butter, for spreading on the bread
- cheddar cheese slices (3 per sandwich)
- Add the roast to a slowcooker. Top with the Simmer Sauce and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the roast from the slowcooker and shred. Drain all but 1/3 cup of the liquid from the slowcooker. Return the shredded beef to the slowcooker and stir in the barbecue sauce to coat the meat. Continue cooking on low for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place one slice of bread, butter side down, in the skillet. Top with 1 slice of cheddar cheese, a large spoonful of the shredded beef, another slice of cheddar, a scoop of macaroni and cheese, a third slice of cheddar, and the second piece of bread. Cook until the bottom piece of bread is crispy and golden. Carefully use a spatula (and your fingers to hold the sandwich together!) to flip. Continue cooking until the bottom slice of bread is cripsy and golden.
- Repeat to make as many sandwiches as desired.