- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 3/4 c. firmly packed basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 oz. penne pasta
- 1/4 c. shaved parmesan cheese (for garish)
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breasts
- Salt & Pepper, to taste (for chicken)
- Cook and drain pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, season chicken with salt and pepper and place on a grill (or grill pan) over medium-high heat for 6 minutes on each side, until center is no longer pink. You can add other spices if you want, but don’t over-season your chicken, we want the avocado to shine!
- Peel avocado and remove pit. Put avocado, basil, salt, pepper, garlic and pine nuts in a blender or food processor. Turn blender on and add olive oil in a slow, steady stream.
- Process until mixture becomes a smooth paste. Gently fold in parmesan cheese. Toss with cooked pasta. Slice grilled chicken breasts and lay across top of pasta. Garnish with shaved parmesan cheese and serve.
Recipe Source: STL Cooks