- 4 slices whole grain crusty bread
- 2 Tbsp dairy-free butter (Earth Balance) or olive oil
- 4 Tbsp roasted salted almond butter
- 4 squares dark chocolate (dairy-free for vegan; don’t exceed 70% cacao)
- 2-3 Tbsp pomegranate perils
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Butter the outsides of four slices of bread, then slather the inside of two slices with almond butter.
- Next add two large squares of chocolate on top of the almond butter and top with pomegranate arils. Top with the other slice of bread, buttered side up and place the sandwich in the skillet.
- Push down with a heavy spatula to compress. Gently flip when the bottom is browned and crusty – about 2-3 minutes. (be careful not to burn)
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side. Serve immediately.
Recipe Source: Minimalist Baker