- 2 1/2 pound fillet of King Salmon
- salt & pepper
- 2 heaping tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 12 strips bacon
- 2 large avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 3 cups arugula
- 6 brioche buns, halved
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- cedar plank, soaked for at least an hour
- Preheat your grill while you prepare the salmon.
- Set the salmon on the soaked plank then season with salt and pepper. Spread the dijon on top then finish with the dark brown sugar.
- Grill the salmon for 20 to 30 minutes or until the flesh is firm when touched and flaking.
- After 10 minutes on the grill lay the bacon directly onto the grill and cook until crisp on both sides, about 10 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- Remove the salmon and bacon from the grill then let the salmon rest while you prepare the burgers.
- Slather the brioche buns with mayonnaise.
- Cut the salmon into 6 or so burger-size pieces. Place a piece of the salmon on the bottom bun then top with avocado, arugula and bacon. Finish with the red onion relish and then the other half of the bun.