- Four 1-pound whole branzino—scaled and gutted, heads and tails removed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 lemons—1 thinly sliced, 1 cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Finely chopped parsley, for serving
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Season the fish cavities with salt and pepper. Stuff each cavity with a thyme sprig, a bay leaf and 2 lemon slices. Rub the outside of the branzino with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the branzino over high heat, turning once, until browned and crisp and just cooked through, about 7 minutes per side. Serve right away, passing salt, lemon wedges and parsley at the table.