- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 6 basil leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons non-peril capers
- 6-8 slices crusty bread
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced grilled steak
- olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- crushed red peppers (optional)
- Combine tomatoes, basil and capers together in a bowl. Let set at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready, preheat broiler. Place bread slices under the broiler for 1 – 2 minutes or until they start to turn golden. Remove from oven. Rub with garlic clove.
- Place 1 – 2 pieces of thinly sliced steak on top of toasted bread. Spoon tomato mixture over the top.
- Use a vegetable peeler to make parmesan cheese shavings. Place 1 – 2 shavings on top of the tomato mixture. Sprinkle with crushed red peppers if desired and serve.