- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobo
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning chicken
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken.
- Combine chipotle peppers, honey, vinegar, garlic, lime and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor. Process until it becomes a paste.
- Place chicken in a glass dish, lightly season with salt. Transfer 1/4 cup of the marinade to a bowl and set aside. Spread remaining marinade over chicken and turn to coat completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to cook. Heat grill over medium heat. Grill chicken until browned on all sides, turning once and brushing with reserved marinade. Cooking time is about 25 – 30 minutes depending on the size of the chicken legs. Chicken is done when it is punctured and juices run clear.
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve hot.