Skip to navigation
Skip to content
- 1 beef heart (about 1kg | 2.2lb)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste (be generous!)
- Fair amount of cooking fat
- Rinse the heart well under cold running water and pat it really dry.
- Cut the heart open (if your butcher hasn’t done that already) and remove any visible strings, arteries and blood vessels that may have been left behind; trim off excess fat and set aside.
- Place the heart to marinate overnight in balsamic vinegar.
- When you are ready to grill the heart, pat it really dry once again, and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Cut the heart in half if necessary, so it fits in your skillet (or if you want to save some of it for another recipe)
- Melt a fair amount of cooking fat in a large heavy skillet set over high heat. Grill the beef heart without moving the meat for 5-6 minutes per side, or until a nice golden crust forms.
- Remove the meat to a plate, tent loosely with aluminum foil and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice fairly thinly against the grain and serve.
Related tags :