- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon of water
- fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese
- fresh tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- olive oil
- fresh basil
- warm the milk and water in the microwave. do not use hot water. if it gets too hot let it cool a touch. add the sugar and yeast and let proof (let it get all foamy and puffy). i realize you don’t need to with instant yeast, but i do anyway. this should take about 10 minutes.
- in a large bowl add the egg, yogurt, salt and garlic. whisk to combine.
- once the yeast has proofed, add it to the large bowl with the other ingredients and stir until smooth. add the flour and mix until the dough begins to come together. begin to knead the dough, until you produce a smooth ball. i almost always need one additional tablespoon of water. however, i have occasionally skipped it. if you are struggling to get a smooth dough, go ahead and add it.
- place the dough in a lightly oiled (olive oil) bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place, for 30-60 minutes.
- give the basil a quick chiffonade (click the link below for easy directions). set aside. cut up the tomatoes and place them in a bowl. cover with just enough olive oil that they are completely submerged. add one clove of garlic and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- use an oiled paper towel, squished between tongs to grease the grill. heat a grill to medium high heat. cut off chunks of the dough and pat it out to about 1/4″ thick. lightly oil one side and place it on the grill, oiled side down. we like to flip it once grill marks appear, but it’s up to you. i also suggest moving the pizza just off the flame for the next step.
- using a pastry brush, brush a little of the garlic and olive oil over the top crust and add tomatoes and mozzarella. close the lid until the cheese it melted.
- sprinkle with fresh basil and enjoy!
Recipe Source: Oh Sweet Basil