- 2 tablespoons minced rosemary
- 2 teaspoons minced thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus more for brushing onto the grill
- 1 (~5 lb.) Boneless Leg of American Lamb
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat grill to 400˚F.
2. Place rosemary, thyme, coriander, cumin, mustard, salt, pepper, garlic, and oil into a small mixing bowl and whisk together into a paste.
3. Place lamb leg, completely flat, onto a clean surface and generously rub the entire surface (inside of the leg) with the paste.
4. Tightly roll the lamb leg up, with the paste inside and truss until leg is tightly held together.
5. Generously rub oil onto the outside of the lamb leg and season with salt and pepper.
6. Brush the surface of the grill with oil and place prepared lamb leg onto the grill, slightly indirectly over the flames.
7. Cover the grill and cook for about 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 325˚F, cover and grill for an additional 40 to 45 minutes or until the internal temperature is 135˚F to 140˚F (for medium).
8. Remove lambchetta from the oven and loosely cover with foil. Allow meat to rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
9. Cut twine from lamb and slice into 1/2 inch thick slices. Serve.