- 1 roasted red bell pepper, stems + seeds removed (use one from a jar if you feel it)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- big splash of sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- pinch of chili flakes
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt + pepper
- 1 lb of small potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 big handful of green beans, trimmed
- 6-7 small zucchinis, or 2 regular ones, cut down the middle lengthwise
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1/2 cup romesco
- 1-2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- handful of pine nuts (optional)
- handful of olives
- 10 chives, rough chopped
- salt + pepper
- Make the romesco: combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend on high for a minute or so, until a creamy consistency is achieved. Check the sauce for seasoning, adjust, and scrape into a sealable container. Pour a thin layer of olive oil on top to help preserve the sauce a bit more. Place in the fridge or set aside if you’re using it right away.
- Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover them with cold water. Put a lid on the pot and place it over medium-high heat. Bring the pot a boil and simmer until potatoes are just tender, about 20 minutes depending on the size of them. Place the beans into the pot in the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain the whole thing and return the potatoes to the pot. Run the green beans under cold water to avoid overcooking. Cut the potatoes into bite sized pieces once cool enough to handle and thread the pieces onto skewers. Coat the potatoes with a bit of the grapeseed oil. Season them with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat a grill to high. Toss the zucchini halves with a bit more of the oil and season them with salt and pepper. Place the potato skewers and zucchini halves on the grill. Place the grilled lemon, cut side down, onto the grates as well. Flip all of the vegetables once they start charring a bit, about 5-8 minutes total. Place the potatoes in a large bowl. Cut the zucchini pieces into bite sized bits if necessary. Remove the grilled lemon from the grill as well.
- Combine the romesco with the remaining oil and dijon mustard. Squeeze the grilled lemon into the romesco mixture and stir it up. Pour this mix on top of the potatoes and zucchini. Add the blanched beans, cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, olives and chives. Squeeze the grilled lemon over top and season the whole mix with salt and pepper. Toss lightly to combine. Check the salad for seasoning and garnish the top with some extra chives. Serve warm or at room temperature.