STEAK and MARINADE/DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Cholula green pepper hot sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- juice from one lime
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound skirt steak (or flank steak, but skirt is better!)
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- Mix marinade/dressing: In a medium bowl or jar, whisk together the oil, vinegar, hot sauce, garlic, honey, lime and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Remove 1/3 cup of the mixture and set it aside to use as the salad dressing. Place steak in a large ziploc baggie. Add remaining marinade to the bag and move around to combine. Refrigerate and let marinate for at least a couple of hours and up to 4 hours.
- Grill: Preheat grill to medium. Drain marinade from the steak. Grill steak until done- a few minutes on each side (it cooks quickly since this is such a thin cut). Let rest a few minutes, then chop the steak.
- Assemble the salad (as a main dish): Divide the lettuce between two plates. Divide remaining ingredients in half and decoratively arrange on top of the lettuce. Drizzle the reserved salad dressing on top of each salad and serve.
Recipe Source: Recipe Girl