GRILLED STRIP STEAK
June 12, 2015
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 3 tbsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp Frank’s hot sauce
- 2 1-inch strip steaks, trimmed
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp butter, divided
- Trim all the fat from around your strip steak.
- Place steaks in a large ziploc bag.
- Pour the soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, dried basil, dried parsley flakes, white pepper, and hot sauce into the bag with the steaks and seal the bag.
- Let the steaks marinate for at least 30 minutes, but no more than 24 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Get out a cast iron skillet or any other oven-safe pan and put it on the stove top at high heat.
- Once the skillet is hot, remove your steaks from the marinade and place them in the hot skillet. Discard the marinade.
- Do not move them for 4 minutes. This will allow a nice sear to develop on the steaks.
- Get out your fresh thyme and your 2 tbsp of butter, divided into a tbsp each.
- Flip your steaks over in the skillet and turn off the stove top.
- Place a sprig of thyme and a tbsp of butter on top of each steak.
- Put the skillet with the steaks in the oven and cook for 6 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and put the steaks on a plate to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Slice thinly and serve.