- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices smoked provolone (such as Tillamook)
- Hamburger buns
Grilled Tomatoes & Basil
- 3 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 8 basil leaves, chopped
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Prepare the burger patties. Mix together ground beef, Worcestershire, salt, garlic and pepper together. Use your hands to mix well. Divide into 4 equal parts and form into patties. Make the patties a little bigger than the burger buns because they will shrink when cooking.
- Mix the cherry tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper together in a bowl. Toss to coat. Place on top of a sheet of aluminum foil and bring the foil up at the sides to close them, then close the top.
- Place tomatoes on the grill and cook 5 – 7 minutes or until they burst and release their juices. Remove tomatoes from the grill, allow to cool for a few minutes. Carefully open the aluminum foil and sprinkle with basil.
- Place the burgers on the grill and grill until cooked through, about 3 – 5 minutes per side. During the last minute place the provolone on top of the burger. Continue cooking until it melts slightly.
- To assemble a burger: place patty on bottom bun, spoon tomatoes over the top. Spread mayonnaise on top bun and place on top of burger. Repeat with remaining ingredients.