- 1 fresh fish, about 1kg
- 45ml oil
- 30ml soya sauce
- 1 thumb-sized piece ginger, grated
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, pitted and finely chopped
- 30ml sugar
- 10ml salt
- 4 ripe tomatoes, halved
- 1 red chilli, seeded and chopped
- 2 mangos, peeled and cut into chunks
- 15ml oil
- 30ml brown sugar
- juice of 1 lime
- 30ml fish sauce
- fresh basil, torn
- Clean the fish and lightly press until dry. Cut a diamond pattern into the skin and place the fish on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Mix the oil, soya sauce, ginger, garlic, chilli, sugar and salt. Rub this into the flesh of the fish and set aside for about half an hour. Preheat the oven.
- Mix the tomatoes, chilli, mango chunks and oil. Spread it on the baking tray.
- Place the fish and tomato mixture in the oven and grill together for about 20 minutes; spoon out the tomato mixture and grill the fish for another 10 minutes or until cooked.
- Place the tomato mixture in a mixing bowl and add the rest of the salsa ingredients. Stir through.
- Remove the fish from the oven as soon as it’s cooked and serve with the salsa.