- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to ½ inch thickness
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 6-8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup chopped white or red onion
- 2 large avocados, diced
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- optional: tortilla strips and sliced jalapeños
- 1 cup cilantro loosely packed cilantro leaves
- ½ cup plain yogurt (or plain greek yogurt)
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons mayo (I used reduced fat)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons pickled jalapeños, diced
- Add all dressing ingredients to blender and pulse until smooth. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Whisk together taco seasoning, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder. Rub the seasoning into the chicken breasts, coating both sides. Grill over medium heat 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked through. Chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss together lettuce, black beans, onions, avocados, tomatoes, and grilled chicken. Drizzle with dressing. Optional: top with additional cilantro, jalapeños, and tortilla strips or crushed tortilla chips.
Recipe Source: Le Creme de la Crumb