- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 slices bread
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 to 4 tablespoons chocolate hazelnut spread, such as Nutella
- 4 large marshmallows, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Preheat a medium skillet set over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread with 2 to 3 teaspoons of butter. Place 1 tablespoon of the brown sugar mixture on the buttered side of each slice of bread. Spread the sugar mixture over the bread until evenly distributed.
- Place one slice of bread in the preheated pan, sugared side down, and spread 1 to 2 tablespoons of Nutella on the bread. Place four marshmallows on the bread. Place a second piece of sugared bread on top, sugared side up, and press down gently. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until the bread is golden brown and the sugar is caramelized. Flip the sandwich and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes, until golden brown. Repeat with second sandwich. Serve hot.
- For the cookie fries: Make a half recipe of buttery shortbread cookies. Roll the cookie dough out to about 3/8-inch thick. Slice into thin strips, 3 to 4-inches long. Place about 1-inch apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat mat. Sprinkle lightly with sugar. Bake at 300 degrees, until just beginning to brown, about 10 to 15 minutes. Cool completely before serving.